ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Portland practice space...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljcoombes

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject: Portland practice space...

I spoke with somebody at either the Portland festival, or it may have been at Convergence, or possibly even the IJA festival here in Portland semi-recently. I can't remember who it was, though. But there was an offer of practice space somewhere here in the Portland area. Does this sound familiar to any of you Portland folks? I would really like to start getting back into some regular practice habits, and making it out to Reed isn't always convenient for me. Plus, having a bit of collaboration and inspiration is always a good thing!
radiologic

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

it's funny that i actually caught this post...

it's dustin, the hoop guy. how goes it? we talked a little bit at convergence. the space i mentioned was 'the egg'. it's an artist co-op of sorts around grand and stark. rent runs $100/month for one two hour timeslot per week. for an extra $50, you can get full access to use the space whenever it's open. i haven't been going there since the beginning of the summer, but it's the start of the rainy season, so i've been looking for someone to go back in on a timeslot with. if you'd be up for it, you should let me know.

-dustin

ljcoombes

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I thought it may have been you! Glad you saw my message! Yay!

So, yeah, I will give you a call tonight when I get home. I think it would be really helpful to have a good space to practice. I really want to get back into performing more regularly and advancing my juggling and manipulation skills. I've been pretty stagnate for several years, now. Practice is a huge part of the solution to that, obviously!
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Contact juggling conventions and meetings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: