ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
OMG I DID IT!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saulie

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: OMG I DID IT!!!

After several years of practice (not as often as I would like thats for sure)

I have finaly conqured the behind the neck roll!!!

And I have made great progress on the behind the neck pirouette into chest roll as an infinate combo.

I have been able to chest roll both ways with confidence for some time. But I have not been able to behind the neck at all.

My confidence with Cjing difficult moves has greatly increased since I got a couple of Dube stage balls. I have no fear of droping them at all (I live in an apartment, my neighbors dont like the sound of acryic hitting the floor. lol)

Its not just confidence but assurance that I would not hurt the acrylic, annoy the neighbors or break anything in my house (including the new kittens that love to circle my feet when I practice).

anyone else have that jump in progress with a change in CJ equipment?

Saulie@contactjuggling.org
Kerry

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I find stalling much easier with heavier ones (acrylics) and I improved greatly during the last few months.

I'm really happy for you, you seem very excited, and well, the behind the neck roll is a very cool move.
kerry(at)contactjuggling . org
http://www.myspace.com/puka_gruagach
su2po

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 3:18 pm    Post subject:

wow thats fantastic, iv been trying that roll, it gets as far as my shoulders
and desperatly wants to round the front i cant work it out.
as for the stage balls, im getting some this weekend so ill let you know how it goes with the new ones but i have heard people saying they leaped a bit when they swapped eqiuptment. maybe the its the psycologie maybe its wieght....who knows...
well done tho, dancing banana in your honour wooooo
xdavidx

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: OMG I DID IT!!!

[quote="Saulie"]After several years of practice (not as often as I would like thats for sure)

I have finaly conqured the behind the neck roll!!!

And I have made great progress on the behind the neck pirouette into chest roll as an infinate combo.

I have been able to chest roll both ways with confidence for some time. But I have not been able to behind the neck at all.

My confidence with Cjing difficult moves has greatly increased since I got a couple of Dube stage balls. I have no fear of droping them at all (I live in an apartment, my neighbors dont like the sound of acryic hitting the floor. lol)

Its not just confidence but assurance that I would not hurt the acrylic, annoy the neighbors or break anything in my house (including the new kittens that love to circle my feet when I practice).

anyone else have that jump in progress with a change in CJ equipment?[/quote]

I have, I just got an MB stage ball and I've been working extra hard with my left hand because now I'm not affraid to drop the acrylic. I've already seen a bit of improvement
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject:

I have found something similar with almost every prop I use. I was put off cj the first time I tried it because I was using a 1.5" bao ding ball. A year or so later when I got an acyrlic suddenly everything seemed easier. I started diabolo with a cheap "beginner" diabolo that was to light and wobbled. I was only able to learn a handful of moves before I got frustrated with it. The same goes for pen spinning and clubs and balls, and even flower sticks. Again in contact juggling, when I got my 4" acyrlic it seemed like a whole nother range of possiblities because of what the change it prop allowed me to do. Isolations and body rolls became so smooth
Saulie

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I had the same thing.

I started off with 3in acrylics. I loved to perform with them. From ren faire to ren faire and theatres. But I was never able to get the fluidity that I wanted to achieve until I moved up to 4in spheres. But then there were moves that I could not accomplish with either.

So I moved to 4 in stage balls and finaly achieved the moves that I want.

And now everything is meshing together, I learned the moves with one sphere and used that experience to move into another sphere that I want to work with.

I have jumped between spheres constantly to assist myself. example, I use to 4in stage ball to learn the move, and the 3 in acrylic to master it (because body rolls with a 3 in are much harder than a 4 in) But I will perform it with the 4 in acrylic for fluidity and visualization.

It took me 3 years. But I am finaly getting to where I want to be. I should probably practice for more than 1 hour a month though I supose. lol.

Saulie

Thorn

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject:

good work, Saulie!!

Video now, plz. ^_~

http://thornnuminous.livejournal.com/
Jowze

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Yay for you !

I'm working on it as well. With a stage ball definitly... I would destroy/kill/hurt/annoy [tick the right expression] the hell out of everything/everyone near me if I practiced it with my acrylic.

Congrats ! I'll try to follow you on this one !
Dizz
Not so Normal

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2024 12:52 am    Post subject:

Everytime I try to do I chest roll, it rolls off my shoulder. It's almost like my stage ball WANTS to go behind the neck. I'll practice with a basketball for a while... easier to catch. Good job Saulie. Me wants to see.
cant_think_of_a_name

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2024 1:06 am    Post subject:

I tend to hit myself in the face when chest rolling. I've taken to catching it under my chin and 'blowing' it back down my arm if anyones watching.
silver

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject:

[quote="cant_think_of_a_name"]I tend to hit myself in the face when chest rolling. I've taken to catching it under my chin and 'blowing' it back down my arm if anyones watching.[/quote]

lean back and lift your chin?
daisylou

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2024 5:50 pm    Post subject:

yay saulie

well done

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2024 1:41 am    Post subject:

Woohoo! Congrats
Saulie

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I went to a place called Colonial Williamsburg.... Its like a Cival War Style Ren Faire..... Its hallarious... Everyone is in costume and talking to you.... But they had some great scenery there... I think I will get some CJing shots around the gardens there...

Saulie

munkie

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 2:40 pm    Post subject:

hey, saulie, well done, i know how chuffed you must feel, im in the newbie stage, and every little achievement seems great to me atm, but its great to feel that way, to feel you've accomplished something. makes it all seem so much more well while, looking forward to seeing a vid of it
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: