ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
[VIDEO] I got bored too(take 2 updated vid)...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject: [VIDEO] I got bored too(take 2 updated vid)...

I put this up last night before I went to bed. Me biting LTCs' vid. His is better though. I don't like mine this morning now i watched it. I keep trying to wave when I don't want that in there. By the end I think I figured out what to do insted. BOT!

Just forget about the first 45secs, first time i touched a ball all day, so it took that long to get even a little warmed up. Honestly its been a while since I cjed in a style like that. I'm thinking of taking it down in a week, when I make a cleaner one where I know what I'm doing in it what do you guys think?

Ice-O-Relations
EDIT:*** http://www.youtube.com/?v=W3KeQh97HQI ***(give it 15min for it to go through the check)

I put up different footage now. I hated the other footage way too much to leave it up. I think I managed to only do 1 arm wave this time... excuse the end where I get a bit lost in some tuts.

Last edited by Colin on Sat Feb 04, 2024 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 1:31 pm    Post subject:

That was cool!! Isn't it hard not to Wave? I tried so hard to keep it outta there, but at one point I got carried away, then remembered what i was doing when the Wave got to my shoulder...

Hmmm... A new trend in .org Videos, methinks... Who else is gonna contribute an unedited vid of them playing, and trying their best not to wave?

Nice little Vid though, dude! There's a few things in there that I really like the look of...
Elsie Dee
(LCD)

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject:

S'funny, I have a problem with that too..
I actually don't like seeing me doing a wave while 'just holding the ball' but it's sooo difficult to stop.
Maybe Doc Contact is our only salvation..
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 2:37 pm    Post subject:

From right now I'm banning myself from doing a trace around a plam circle. Sometimes I hate that in my latest practice vids....

I will fix this vid. Its too Long for a start. I could easily condence all the good bits down to half the time, tweek a few transitions, add in the couple of cool ones i forgot, NO WAVES!!!! close the curtains so I'm not tempted to look in the reflection and not be half asleep when making it. More botting
GreenMonk

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Nice video Colin. I thought your isolations were very smooth, waving or not.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Ok, sorta fixed the vid. Its nicer and makes more sense to me that the first one, except those cack tuts at the end. If I'm not waving its bloody tuts ain't it. atleast they could be more isolationist friendly if I actually hit them off correctly

Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject:

That video had me hypnotised. Much better than the last one.

Me like muchly!

Still got some waves in it as well!! Proves how addictive they are...

Ryan
Ministry. Just like Colin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject:

<senses a challenge brewing>
<An all out turf war>
<Its up for grabs>

Summer, London, 2024
The Isolationist Battle.

<time and place to be announced>

Colin, that was dope. You'd kick my ass with some of that.
Tuts... Whoa. My head is still spinning.

Last edited by Ryan on Sat Feb 04, 2024 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I pick LTC for my team.
Ryan
Ministry. Just like Colin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject:

'aight.

I pick Alex (weasel).
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2024 10:06 pm    Post subject:

(uh oh, we're in trouble)

We want Durbs then.
Spehar

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2024 1:27 am    Post subject:

Faaaresh! Really creative. Nice!
While I am critiquing a raw, bedroom iso vid, I have to point out that a lot of these kinds of vids are distracting to me because I feel like the manipulator is watching themselves in either a mirror or a monitor while doing the moves. I feel my brain going, hey that's nice but what's so interesting behind the camera that this guy is focusing on. It is dark around your eyes so I can't tell for sure if you're doing it and it may be that I'm so conditioned to pick up on it from the many vids made this way, but do you know what I mean? I'm much more entertained when the performer is either concentrating on the prop or decidedly concentrating on something else as a performance device-- like looking left as the ball moves right. Anyway, just an observation. Really sweet stuff, man. Thanks for posting that.
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2024 11:55 pm    Post subject:

that was pretty cool. i liked it alot! the trend does seem to be isolations, i may end up making one this week if i get bored too( well get bored and have the time to. school is pretty much boring)

i really liked your stuff towards the end
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2024 1:22 am    Post subject:

Do it just remember its all about being clean. Can't go wrong with clean iso's

I don't get these trend things though.......I know why you think that, however it is simply not the case. It has something to do with European contact or something...... Isolations have been a big part of contact juggling since day one anyway. And for the record I am a bodyroller . And as far as I know I'm the only one working out this tutting malarky with a ball. So how is that a trend?

really it all comes down to whether you get all your ideas about whats hot or not from just what is posted up on this site in the form of videos. And that will basicly be ALL euro contact. Or London influenced. The european crowd has released 6! videos this week, all of them are at a HIGH standard of skill. Tony Duncan is the last US vid I'd seen. Before that it was a ballguy and that twisthem vid and before that, shesh gotta be those older vids Greg has on his site. Make a good vid and shut me up please

Spehar- thanks man, means alot to actually have some critique, thats advice I give out myself, should really listen too it for a change
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2024 1:39 am    Post subject:

ok. hope fully plan on being out within the next week or so. mabye less than that though.

dont exspect something too amazing though.... most of you europeans are better than i ever hope to be.

im a bodyroller as well. isos are cool and all, but body rolling is so cool!
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> The Isolation Chamber All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: