ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Create a new move
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simply_inexpugnable

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2024 7:44 am    Post subject:

I'M SORRY, WHAT WAS THAT?
EdHughes

Location: Where darts are thrown at baloons and nothing is what it seems... the carnival.

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

nothing...

Do mysteries actually exist? Some say "maybe".
Others aren't so sure.
simply_inexpugnable

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject:

Anyway, new move, or at least one I haven't seen done. Just like rolling from a forehead stall to a back-of-the-neck stall and back, start in a mouth stall,so you have to go smooth enough to get the ball over your nose (no mean feat if you are me; I make Cyrano de Bergerac look like Michael Jackson). I was working on face rolls (just starting really), and am going from eye-socket to eye-socket, from eye to cheek and back, but having trouble getting it from cheek to cheek across the mouth.
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2024 4:34 pm    Post subject:

what kind of ball are you using? the acrylics are harder but the weight would probably help.
simply_inexpugnable

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2024 5:22 am    Post subject:

My four inch stage ball is too large, and I'm afraid to use my acylic yet, so I'm using my Dad's hard (solid, so it's got a nice weight) three inch stage ball and a tennis ball I filled with sugar and wrapped in electrical tape.
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject:

cool. face/head rolls are cool
tobyw

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2024 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Ok here is something I thought that might be cool.

Start with a one ball isolated palm spin. Then pass your other hand between the ball and hand. The idea is that an isolated palm spin gives the illusion that the ball is floating, so by passing your other hand beneath the ball sort of 'proves' that the ball is floating. Like when a magician passes a hoop over something to prove there are no wires.

I guess the hard part would be adjusting hand height so that you can't see the ball rise and lower, breaking the isolation.

What do you all think?
Ruhandra

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject:

This is one that I really want to be able to do.

first you just roll it up your arm like you are doing a chest roll but you let it roll down to your stomach and as its rolling you bend backwards till your in a backbend, then stall it on your stomach.

I don't know how you would get out of it. anyone have any ideas about how to get out of it?
GreenMonk

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2024 2:11 pm    Post subject:

ruhandra wrote:
This is one that I really want to be able to do.

first you just roll it up your arm like you are doing a chest roll but you let it roll down to your stomach and as its rolling you bend backwards till your in a backbend, then stall it on your stomach.

I don't know how you would get out of it. anyone have any ideas about how to get out of it?

Heck, I'm not sure how I'd get into that position let alone out of it. I'll leave that to the gymnasts in the crowd.
Stick Man

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject:

If you went into a "crab walk" position rather than a backbend, you might have more options that don't require you to be a contortionist. You could even go from a tummy stall to a back stall by rolling it over your side. Then roll it up your back over your shoulder as you stand up.

But if you insist on doing the backbend, you should roll it from your stomach down you chest and catch it under your chin.
Ruhandra

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2024 7:39 pm    Post subject:

[quote]If you went into a "crab walk" position rather than a backbend, you might have more options that don't require you to be a contortionist. You could even go from a tummy stall to a back stall by rolling it over your side. Then roll it up your back over your shoulder as you stand up[/quote]

I'll have to try that. thanks
BezboNKD

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2024 1:53 am    Post subject:

tobyw wrote:

Start with a one ball isolated palm spin. Then pass your other hand between the ball and hand.

This sort of reminds me of something I started testing out, Starting with the sphere in palm, if you scoop it up with your other hands cradle, leaving the first hand in place (or at least dropping down a bit to accomidate space, and keep the ball isolated) I find it's not too hard to roll right down your arm isolated, and deposit right back to your starting position. I've tried daubling around with starting/ending with a tripod or something, but I'll have to try it out with palmcircles.
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2024 4:07 am    Post subject:

well i supose if you were a little over weight like Homer Simpson you could stall it on your stomach. lemme go eat some cookies and crap and try it.
simply_inexpugnable

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2024 5:09 am    Post subject:

Hmm, I'll share the cookies with you, but you'll have to let me know how the crap tastes.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject:

BezboNKD wrote:
Starting with the sphere in palm, if you scoop it up with your other hands cradle, leaving the first hand in place (or at least dropping down a bit to accomidate space, and keep the ball isolated) I find it's not too hard to roll right down your arm isolated, and deposit right back to your starting position. I've tried daubling around with starting/ending with a tripod or something, but I'll have to try it out with palmcircles.

I've been playing a lot with that same move. Start with your sphere in a tripod. Do and isolated tripod to cradle/cradle to tripod pass. Then do an isolated tripod to back arm roll to tripod pass. Then go from a tripod to an isolated behind the neck roll with your arms straight out to each side. Ending with an isolated flipflop to tripod. Done smoothly, I would imagine it would look like your moving under a floating sphere.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: